Acura ILX Car Insurance Rates & Discounts
Acura ILX insurance costs roughly $160 a month, or $1,920 a year, which is around $600 more than the national average of $1,318 a year for a similar Acura. Your actual expenses vary depending on a variety of factors such as driving history, mileage, location, and so on. According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average cost of automotive insurance in Ohio is $919, whereas the national average is $1,840. Military members can get a discount with most large brand car insurance companies.
- Acura ILX Car Insurance Rates & Discounts
- Acura ILX insurance comparison
- Other Factors That Can Affect Car Insurance Prices for Acura ILX
- Do trim packages and other design variations influence insurance costs?
- Does Acura ILX Qualify for Insurance Discounts?
- Acura ILX safety ratings
- Is The Acura ILX A Safe Car ?
- Acura ILX service and repair
Acura ILX insurance comparison
Consider the following factors when comparing insurance options for your Acura ILX: There are other things to consider. When it comes to hybrid vehicles, some vendors may be more affordable, while others may specialize in antique autos, depending on the sort of car being purchased. The following considerations should be taken into account while evaluating Acura ILX auto insurance options.
- Price. For the majority of people, this is the most important item to consider, but it is crucial to be certain that you have the insurance coverage you require to protect yourself.
- Deductible. The amount of your insurance deductible varies from insurer to insurer, and some even allow you to customize it so that it has an impact on your rates. In order to choose an acceptable deductible amount for your circumstances, you must consider things like as the most likely item to break and the cost of repairs in cash compared to the deductible.
- Minimum coverage. Each state has its own set of regulations for basic health insurance coverage. Examine your insurance coverage to see whether or not it meets with the regulations of your state.
- Additional coverage. In the case of newer automobiles such as the Acura ILX, additional coverage like as personal injury protection may be worthwhile to explore.
- Restrictions. If you own an ILX, check with your insurance provider to see whether there are any restrictions on the coverage of the vehicle or any of its distinctive features. As a driver, you should be aware of any applicable behavioral limits, such as where you’re driving, if you’re using it for ridesharing, and any other factors.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. According to some reports, insurance firms may have negotiated special discounts or incentives with specific manufacturers. In order to begin, you need to inquire with the manufacturer and the supplier to see whether or not this applies to you.
- Warranty. Is there any kind of special warranty or deal offered by Acura that might have an impact on your insurance policy? It is possible that manufacturers may give coverage for the first month following purchase, eliminating the requirement for gap insurance. Check to make sure that the services provided by your manufacturer and service provider do not overlap.
Other Factors That Can Affect Car Insurance Prices for Acura ILX
The cost of automobile insurance is determined by a variety of factors, including the type of automobile you drive, your location, your age, your driving history, and a variety of other considerations. If you acquire an Acura ILX sedan with a number of safety features, you may be able to save money on your vehicle insurance costs. Some more car-related factors that influence your insurance premiums are as follows:
- Body type. In part due to the fact that sedans are more family-friendly than coupes, sedans are often less expensive to insure than coupes. Coupes, on the other hand, are more aggressively styled variants of sedans that can be driven more aggressively than sedans are.
- Type of car. Acura of Japan manufactures the Acura ILX, which is a high-end sedan with four doors. The insurance for a sedan is often less expensive than the insurance for a sports vehicle or an SUV. Despite the fact that sports cars are more dangerous than SUVs, SUVs are larger and may be more expensive to repair.
- Theft. Because sedans are the most often stolen automobiles, car insurance premiums for sedans may be slightly higher than those for SUVs or other types of automobiles.
- Repairs. Because the Acura ILX is a relatively new automobile made in the United States, repairing or replacing parts on it is not prohibitively expensive in this situation. It is probable that this will assist insurers in keeping rates as low as possible.
- Safety ratings. In addition, the majority of Acura automobiles have good safety ratings, which may allow you to save money on your auto insurance policy.
Do trim packages and other design variations influence insurance costs?
The cost of auto insurance for your Acura ILX is virtually usually determined by the package and optional coverages you select for your vehicle. Along with outlining some of your alternatives, we’ll look at how they can affect your insurance prices in the future. For example:
- A-spec. By including sporty components on both the interior and exterior of the car, this option enhances the car’s athletic look. Sports cars are often more expensive to insure than other types of vehicles, and your insurance premiums may rise as a result of your decision to acquire one.
- Technology plus. While this navigation, audio, and networking package, dubbed the “intelligent driving companion,” not only adds value to your vehicle, but it may also make driving safer, it is not available in all markets. The Federal Reserve has the authority to raise or cut your interest rates as a result.
- Premium. This package includes features that are meant to make your life easier while also improving it. It is possible that insurance rates will be decreased as a result of advancements in safety and driver assistance technologies.
- AcuraWatch Plus. It is a collection of technology that includes a collision mitigation braking system, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assistance, and a variety of other functions. When taken together, all of these safety measures may be able to assist you in saving money on your auto insurance.
- Special edition. The Acura ILX Special Edition differs from the standard model in that it includes wider wheels, a rear spoiler, and other visual upgrades. The addition of this package may result in a more sleek and aerodynamic appearance for your automobile, but it may also result in a jump in your insurance premiums.
- Black alloy wheels. Purchase of larger rims, as well as any other aesthetic modifications that make the car appear sportier, is likely to result in an increase in auto insurance premiums.
- Back up sensors. Using backup sensors when backing out of your driveway or into a parking lot can help you prevent a collision. More peace of mind and lower car insurance rates are two benefits of having this option in your car insurance policy.
- LED fog lights. When your vision is impaired, LED fog lights can assist you in identifying autos and other potential hazards on the road. This optional safety feature may entitle you to a reduction on your insurance costs if you have it installed.
- Spare tire kit. It is possible that installing a spare tire kit on your Acura ILX may signal to insurance providers that you are a responsible and prepared driver, resulting in a reduction in your insurance prices.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks are a very inexpensive adjustment that may make tire and rim theft substantially more difficult to accomplish. As a result, you may be eligible for a price reduction on anti-theft measures as a result of this.
Does Acura ILX Qualify for Insurance Discounts?
Vehicle insurance discounts are offered by a number of different insurance companies. Even though the specific savings available to Acura ILX drivers vary depending on their location, service provider, car model, and other criteria, the following discounts may be available:
- An insurance discount for the purchase of a new automobile
- Anti-lock braking systems often qualify you for a discount
- Insurance Discounts are available for anti-theft systems such as lojack
- Price reduction as a result of the inclusion of a safety packages
- Low-mileage discounts are available.
- Emergency roadside assistance is eligible for a discount.
Acura ILX safety ratings
Acura automobiles are well-known for providing a high level of safety and dependability on a daily basis. Based on their predictions, JD Power assigned the 2016 ILX a predicted dependability rating of 4 out of 5 stars. The reliability of features and accessories is scored 5/5 for the 2015 model year, while the motor is rated 3/5, the exterior and interior are rated 2/5, and the overall evaluation is rated 3/5.
Overheating headlights, inappropriate door latches, and defective airbag inflators were among the problems that led to Acura issuing a recall for the 2013-2016 Acura ILX in February of 2016. It is still uncertain whether or not any recalls will be issued for automobiles manufactured in 2017 or 2018.
The Acura ILX, which first appeared on the market in 2014, has received the most negative feedback. Customers have complained about issues like excessively loud suspension, Freon odor, and a defrost that is not working properly. On the other hand, 2014 is not the only model year that has been afflicted by problems in recent years.
Customer complaints include engine oil leaks during normal operation and gearbox slippage, both of which are more common on 2015, 2016, and 2017 model year vehicles, according to the manufacturer.
Is The Acura ILX A Safe Car ?
Several sophisticated safety features are included with the Acura ILX, which can assist to decrease the likelihood that you will file a personal injury claim, perhaps resulting in lower insurance costs. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that the Federal Government Crash Test Ratings for the 2016-2017-2018 models are all perfect fives out of five, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. For frontal and rollover crashes, all models receive a four-star rating, whilst side impacts obtain a five-star rating.
Acura ILX service and repair
Your Acura ILX is merely the beginning of your journey. The ability to keep it in good shape will allow it to last longer and function at its peak. Expect the following as a result of your research:
- The average cost of an oil change for an Acura ILX is roughly $80 dollars.
- The 2018 Acura ILX gets 29.5 miles per gallon in the city and 35 miles per gallon on the highway, for a total of 29.5 miles per gallon.
- A service for your ILX should be performed at an Acura dealership, according to the company, because dealership professionals are factory-trained to operate on your car. On the other hand, if you take your vehicle somewhere else to be serviced, your warranty will not be voided.
- The 2018 Acura ILX is covered by a four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty as well as a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty as standard. Aside from that, Acura provides the option of purchasing an extended warranty.
Check out our insurance rate review for the following Acura vehicle.