- How a Smart Car affects the cost of insurance
- About Smart Cars
- Smart car facts
- Smart Car competitors
- Bottom line
How a Smart Car affects the cost of insurance
Additional factors that impact insurance costs include the vehicle’s type, mileage, and trim package. For Smart Cars, the Cabrio convertible versions will be more expensive due to the increased risk associated with convertibles. Ensuring the 2-door Coupe vehicles will be somewhat less expensive.
Your charges will also be affected by the trim level. Smart Cars come in three trim levels: Pure, Passion, and Prime. While a higher MSRP translates into higher insurance rates, there are additional safety features available for the Passion and
Prime models that qualify for safety discounts. And, if you qualify for a hybrid or electric car discount, the electric Smart Car will generally be less expensive to insure.
About Smart Cars
Swatch and Mercedes collaborated in the 1990s to explore concepts for a revolutionary small automobile, and by 1994, the first Smart car was in production. The firm is constantly evolving and expanding its following of devoted followers.
The company’s name is a mashup of the two brands: Swatch + Mercedes + art equals Smart.
What is Car2Go?
Drivers may rent a Smart car for an hour to two days using this service. Car2Go is currently accessible in a limited number of cities. Install the app and head out in your rental Smart vehicle.
Smart car facts
- Smart Automobile was formed in 1994 and is well recognized for its German-made automobiles.
- Smart vehicles have passed the world’s most stringent crash tests.
- The maximum number of people who can fit inside a Smart car is 20 people, according to the Guinness World Records.
- The firm introduced the Smart electric drive in the United States in 2013.
- In the United States, the Smart Fortwo is one of the most fuel-efficient automobiles available.
Smart Car competitors
Are you looking for a different brand of the automobile? Other automobile manufacturers are comparable to Smart Cars.
Because of its high safety rating and low sticker price, a Smart vehicle is a cheap car to insure. However, completely electric versions of the vehicle might raise the cost of insurance, so be sure to check around for the cheapest deal.
Check out our review of Mini Car Insurance Rates for more car insurance reviews.