USAA is a bank that provides military service personnel and their families with a variety of financial services and products. It is also an auto insurance firm, in addition to banking and investing accounts.
Instead of using brokers, USAA sells auto insurance to customers online and over the phone. By switching to USAA auto insurance, members may be able to save money thanks to several incentives. When members switched to USAA auto insurance, they saved an average of $707 on their annual rate, according to the business.
- Who Qualifies For USAA Car Insurance ?
- Pros of USAA Car Insurance
- Cons of USAA Car Insurance
- How Much Does USAA Car Insurance Cost ?
- USAA Car Insurance Discounts for Military, Veterans, and Military Families
Who Qualifies For USAA Car Insurance ?
USAA provides support to active military personnel in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy.
They also assist former military personnel who have retired or been honorably discharged.Cadets and midshipmen who are attending U.S. service academies in ROTC or officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning are also eligible for insurance services.
Widows, widowers, and unremarried spouses of USAA members, and individuals with parents insured by USAA Cadets and midshipmen who are attending U.S. service academies in ROTC or officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning are also eligible for insurance services.
Pros of USAA Car Insurance
- There are a variety of premium discounts available.
- Insurance for ridesharing is available.
- There are a variety of policy savings available.
Cons of USAA Car Insurance
- To be eligible, you must be a USAA member.
- Non-members are unable to access online quotes.
- There is no agent access.
How Much Does USAA Car Insurance Cost ?
Your age, marital status, credit score, where you reside, and the business you choose all have an impact on how much your auto insurance premiums cost.
The average USAA car insurance rates are lower than the national average car insurance premiums for all four driver characteristics. Please keep in mind that these are average vehicle insurance quotes based on certain profiles; your rate may vary depending on your unique qualities that influence car insurance costs.
USAA Car Insurance Discounts for Military, Veterans, and Military Families
USAA insurance is recognized for its low premiums, but it also gives discounts for safe driving and safe automobiles, as well as membership discounts.
Discounts for drivers with USAA insurance:
- Customers who have maintained an excellent driving record for five years or more are eligible for a discount, which includes not making any claims.
- Customers who complete an approved defensive driving course earn a discount on their insurance costs.
- Driver Training Discounts: Drivers under the age of 21 can earn a discount on their monthly rates if they complete a driver training course.
- Good Student Discount: Students with USAA insurance might get a discount if they keep their grades up.
Vehicle insurance discounts from USAA:
- Vehicles that are less than three years old are eligible for discounts.
- Customers who cover two or more vehicles may qualify for a discount on their insurance premium.
- Annual Mileage Savings: Customers can get discounts based on the number of miles they drive each year.
- Customers can save up to 60% on vehicle storage when they store a vehicle with active coverage.
More Ways To Save With USAA:
- When the children of existing customers insure their own automobiles with the company, they receive a 10% discount.
- Bundle & Save: Customers who bundle their vehicle and home insurance with USAA can save money.
- Savings based on Membership Length: Customers gain discounts by being loyal and continuing coverage for a long time.
- Military Installment Discount: Military personnel who park their vehicles on base can earn up to a 15% discount.
Check out our review of Best Car Insurance for Military and Veterans.